Fragments
A Collection of Statements, kinda
Windows Developer's Journal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Windows Developer's Journal

{smile}{old}Ron Burk's private rag. That's how it feels, and that is good. It's not that Ron Burk writes everything in there, but whatever enters his mind is written in there somewhere. He's also totally human and knows a lot less about many things than many readers do, and doesn't hide it. But he also knows how to find information and writers, and the stuff he himself writes about, is just great. His writing style is so good I always try to read his articles first, whatever the subject. The tools he uses are Windows (duh), VC++, COM, etc, so in this rag I very often find very useful tips, tricks and techniques. Highly recommended. (That this journal actually accepted one of my articles further underlines their exceptional sense of taste and talent.) Jan 2002: Now what happened is Ron Burk left, and the journal changed name to Windows Developer's Magazine. It also got C#'ish and less C++'ish. We'll see where this ends. For the time being, still thumbs up. ... 2004: it's getting very, very thin. Down to 42 pages. I'm sorry to see it die. ...now it's 2004 and it's dead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fragments Forum Index -> Journals All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: